Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I’ve been a bit off, and dealing with some sickness. (anxiety, etc). I’m getting used to my new course of medicine and I almost feel back to normal at this point. At times I think the side effects were worse than the actual illness, but it is all for the good. I think I just need a little more of a break to settle my brain and relieve my stress. I am slowly getting better but appreciate your patience. Hope you’re all cozy and warm, especially in the Eastern U.S. (Our schools are closed here for frigid temperatures). I hope to be back to regular posting soon, we’ll see. Thanks and bless you all, hugs, Therese
Here’s the video tribute I made about my beloved Mom in the days after her passing. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. It was definitely a healing experience. I love her beautiful smile. How blessed we were to have her as our Mom. Also – be sure to watch it on a lap or desktop computer; I’m trying to adjust it to be shown on handheld devices, but having trouble creating that option on YouTube*. Also, it’s @ 15 minutes so be sure you have enough time to watch all of it. I wish everyone could have known Mom!
For all of my siblings and I, Thanks again for your love and support, and enjoy, Therese (the youngest of the Anna’s eight kids)
*Note, Oddly, in some countries this video will not stream, but if you are in the U.S. , this shouldn’t be a problem. (I think the reason it is blocked is because in one picture from 1958, Mom appears in a very modest one-piece bathing suit!)
(I’m stillpeace2baby on You Tube)
The main cast of Mad Men for Season 5. (l-r) Joan Harris (Christina Hendricks),
Roger Sterling (John Slattery), Lane Pryce (Jared Harris), Pete Campbell
(Vincent Kartheiser),Don Draper (Jon Hamm),Bert Cooper
(Robert Morse),Peggy Olson (Elisabeth Moss)
Some of you may know that I am also a blogger for the site Basket Of Kisses, which is an excellent blog for Mad Men and other quality entertainment! I have been posting articles about Mad Men here, for a couple of years now. I also now post the Fan Art page every Thursday, which features art from around the web that has Mad Men, Downton Abbey, and other great shows as its focus. And soon I will be starting a new feature, Retro Reel Review, where I’ll take you back to the glorious old days of Classic Movies.
Now, for the uninitiated, Mad Men is a drama about the ad executives of Madison Ave in the 1960’s. The series began in 1960, and Season 5 is beginning in June of 1966; just three months shy of Star Trek‘s premiere on September 8, 1966 (I would not be surprised to see a reference to Trek). The main character of the piece, Don Draper, is a brilliant Ad man with a secret past, you’ll just have to watch to see how it all evolves. Mad Men often mentions current events of the Sixties, but doesn’t hit you over the head with them. It’s Subtle, Smart, and Sophisticated, and it is my favorite show ever. (Yes, even more than Star Trek)
Here’s a listing of my Basket of Kisses articles to date, (start at the bottom) and I’ll add more to my Mad Men category here as they appear. If you haven’t seen Mad Men yet, I highly recommend that you start with Season 1, Episode 1, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, and strap yourself in for the ride. It is one of the best written shows on TV, and it has won the Emmy for Best Drama 4 years in a row now!
- Welcome (again) to Fan Art Thursdays
- 1966: A Revolution in Movies
- Joan and…Lane?
- The Incredible New Mad Men Season 5 Poster…
- Who will have “A Little Kiss”?
- Christmas Cards From the Drapers and the Francis’?
- “Betty Draper” and the Maddicts at the Antique Store
- Fan Art Thursdays — All-Star Mad Men Cast in the 60′s
- Fan Art Thursdays
- Just for you, Mad Men at the Emmys 2011 (video)
- Fan Art Thursdays
- Pantyhose, Popcorn, and Pink Powder Rooms.
- Reflections on Turning 50
- “Betty Draper is a Beautiful Girl” — my latest video
- Black Swan
- Ny New Video Features a few Mad Men!
- So When will we hear of renewal for S5?
- In 2009, One.org used Mad Men as a reference
- Jon Hamm #2 Entertainer of the Year by Entertainment Weekly
- Mad Men ’75! A crazy look ahead, Part Three: It’s Peggy Pantsuit!
- Another Scary Children’s Song (sung by Megan)
- My Mad, Mad Men Weekend in NYC
- Mad Men ’75. Part II Salvatore LOVES the 70′s
- Remembering John Lennon on his 70th
- Does Ken have a Skeleton (in the closet, that is)?
- Mad Men ’75! A crazy look ahead, Part One: Joan’s Journey To Joy.
- What will Baby Campbell be named?
- Just for Fun, The Sterling Supremes!
- Megan’s Embrace of Sally the Orphan
- The Big Rock Candy Mountain; Children’s Song or Hobo Paradise Come-On?
- Peggy Art
- Don and Peggy; The New Pietà
- Will Someone Please Kick this Guy Out? (Stan is No Sal)
- Kiss and Tell???
- Sally’s crush, Illya Kuriakin, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (The Hong Kong Shilling Affair)
- Joan Will Not Be Rejected
- I Love You, Miss Blankenship
- Peggy’s time is now
- Ode to Betty -Singin’ in the Rain Style
- What fashion trends will our Mad Men and Women Emulate?
- Rethinking Suzanne Farrell
- Betty: The Blond Breck Venus
- Must. Resist. Spoilers!!!
- The Evolution of Peggy’s Hair
- Cast Photos!
- Gorgeous Exclusive S4 MM picture for EW, and trying to crack Don, Joan, and Peggy’s “Summer Essentials”
- Mad Man Fashion Fan – Betty’s Bikini and This Way to Ladies Swimwear
Sorry I’m a little late here! Hope you’ve all had (and are still having) wonderful holidays, and I wish you all a very happy, healthy, and blessed New Year! love, Therese 🙂
Posted in Fun and Silliness, My Star Trek Posters, The Real World
Tagged Christmas, Diwali, Hanukkah, holidays, Kwanzaa, love, new year, Star Trek, Therese