Hello Friends! A day late, but no less sincere! Happy New Year!
May this 2019 bring you peace, blessings, and the the best of health to you and your families, and may all your dreams come true! Love, Therese ❤
Posted in Fun and Silliness, Holidays
Tagged 2019, Chapel, happy new year, Kirk, mccoy, scotty, Spock, Star Trek, Sulu, Uhura
Merry Christmas Everyone!! When I came across this picture the other day, well, this silly joke seemed inevitable to me! Who’d like to help Spock with the tree lights?
Have a beautiful Christmas and Holiday Everyone! And a Blessed, Peaceful New Year! Love, Therese xoxo ❤
“There’s ya problem right there!” Spock gets horizontal with the Enterprise’s guts. A rare publicity still, although odd that those markers are on the rug in front of him! I think they were markers for where the actors to stand?
…something with Spock! Here’s some fun merchandise I’ve found around the ‘net. (old and new)
Art and Collage poster from the 70s
Wallet… or is that a Spollet?
Prototype of Spock bust that unfortunately never produced.
Chubby Blue-Eyed Spock with Mickey Ears????? Nope!
Spock Mug! (or is it a Spug?)
I have no idea. Cupcake??
Clever Spock Mug, but that would be hard to hold!
Terribly cute Spock and Tribbles figure!
I came across this great publicity pic of Leonard that I have never seen before. Dated March 18, 1968 the caption reads:
“Leonard Nimoy…a pointy eared newcomer to our screens.”
This is from a New Zealand TV guide, and it appears that New Zealand got Trek a good two years before neighboring Australia – lucky them! I’m guessing this was taken the same time as the famous ‘Spock holding Enterprise‘ images, but this looks like his ‘lab’ is more set for a plumbing job!
Be sure to check back every Monday for a new Weekly Spock, and be sure to check out the archives for hundred’s more! Have a great week!
Here’s an idea I’ve had for a LONG time and I finally got it to come to fruition. As I’m sure many of you have seen, in the past I have made many silly collages which combine the two best pop culture phenomenons of the 1960’s; Star Trek and The Beatles! You can see my previous ‘Beatle Trek’s’ here.
Anyway, for ages I wanted to recreate the famous Sgt.Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band except make it with memorable Star Trek Characters. As the centerpiece, Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty replace the Fab Four, and I poured over many pictures to find just the right character to fill in for all the originals (and a few more) for this cover.
You’ll note that the Klingons replace the waxworks figures of The Beatles, Mohammed Ali’s robed boxer is replaced with robed Lord Garth from Whom Gods Destroy, glamorous Droxine and Carolyn Palamas take over for Marlene Dietrich and Diana Dors. I’ve added many other characters in positions close to the originals: notice Miranda Jones’ hand behind Kirk, just as Issy Bonn’s hand was behind Paul McCartney’s head in the original! I also have many more women in this version than the Pepper album. But as The Beatles chose their favorite heroes for their album, I chose my favorite characters for this. And of course you will find our dear Celeste Yarnall (Martha Landon in The Apple) in the mix. Although she sadly passed before she could see it, her widower, Nazim assured me she would have enjoyed it. Indeed, I have always found creativity a balm for sorrow, and I recommend creating something yourself, anything with your heart and hands, to help you at your sad times.
You’ll notice that most of these characters are not crew members, as I did a massive collage of as many Enterprise members as I could in the past. I also intentionally posted some characters in black and white instead of color, like on the original. If you look closely, you’ll see Alexander from Plato’s Stepchildren in Shirley Temple’s place and Balok from The Corbomite Maneuver flopped out like the doll in Rolling Stones sweater too! I even used Star Trek plants to replace the flora of the original. And be sure to look out for 4 hidden Spocks (as well as the main one in the center)!
If you can’t identify all the characters, I created a numbered key for the poster below. Enjoy, and please let me know what you think! Thanks, Therese ❤
Key to Characters in“Captain Jim Kirk’s Comely Starfleet Brand
- Ruk (Ted Cassidy) in What are Little Girls Made Of?
- Khan Noonian Singh (Ricardo Montalban) in Space Seed
- Kara (Tanya Lemani) in Wolf in the Fold
- T’Pring (Arlene Martel) in Amok Time
- Zarabeth (Mariette Hartley) in All Our Yesterdays
- Bela Oxmyx (Anthony Caruso) in A Piece of the Action
- “Koik” (William Shatner) in A Piece of the Action
- The Prosecutor (Kermit Murdock) in All Our Yesterdays
- The Keeper (Meg Wylie) in The Cage
- Marta (Yvonne Craig) in Whom Gods Destroy
- Harcort (‘Harry’) Fenton Mudd (Roger C. Carmel) in Mudd’s Women
- Yeoman Martha Landon (Celeste Yarnall) in The Apple
- Commissioner Bele (Frank Gorshin) in Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
- Ayelborne (John Abbott) in Errand of Mercy
- Dr. Thomas Leighton (William Sargent) in The Conscience of the King
- Lt. Uhura (Nichelle Nichols)
- Street Girl #1 (Dianne Thorne) in A Piece of the Action
- T’Pau (Celia Lovsky) in Amok Time
- Kissy Spock (Leonard Nimoy)
- Evil Sulu (George Takei) in Mirror, Mirror
- Ambassador Petri (Jay Robinson) in Elaan of Troyius
- Leila Kalomi (Jill Ireland) in This Side of Paradise
- Serious Spock (Leonard Nimoy)
- Jojo Kracko (Vic Tayback) in A Piece of the Action
- Number One (Majel Barrett) in The Cage
- Blasted Crewman in Arena
- Cyrano Jones (Stanley Adams) in The Trouble with Tribbles
- Mr. Atoz (Ian Wolfe) in All Our Yesterdays
- Sylvia (Antoinette Bower) in Catspaw
- Vina (Susan Oliver) in The Cage
- Zabo (Steven Marlo) in A Piece of the Action
- Miranda Jones (Diana Muldaur) in Is There in Truth No Beauty?
- Miranda Jones’ Vulcan Salute (Diana Muldaur) in Is There in Truth No Beauty?
- Kalo (Lee Delano) in A Piece of the Action
- The First Fop (Ed Bakey) in All Our Yesterdays
- Surak (Barry Atwater) in The Savage Curtain
- Andrea (Sherry Jackson) in What are Little Girls Made Of?
- Lenore Karidian (Barbara Anderson) in The Conscience of the King
- Joe Tormolen (Stewart Moss) in The Naked Time
- Alice Series #3 (Alyce Andrece) in I, Mudd
- Stella Series #1 (Kay Elliot) in I, Mudd
- Alice Series #99 (Rhae Andrece) in I, Mudd
- Adam (Charles Napier) in The Way to Eden
- Sargent (Lincoln Demyan) in Assignment: Earth
- Trefayne (David Hillary Hughes) in Errand Of Mercy
- Claymore (Peter Brocco) in Errand Of Mercy
- Nils Barris (William Schallert) in The Trouble with Tribbles
- Flavius Maximus (Rhodes Reason) in Bread and Circuses
- The Romulan Commander (Joanna Linville) in The Enterprise Incident
- Vulcan Executioner (Russ Peek) in Amok Time
- Sister Edith Keeler (Joan Collins) in The City on the Edge of Forever
- General Trelane, Retired (William Campbell) in The Squire of Gothos
- Elaan (France Nuyen) in Elaan of Troyius
- Lord Garth ( Steve Inhat) in Whom Gods Destroy
- Korax (Michael Pataki) in The Trouble with Tribbles
- Captain Koloth (William Campbell) in The Trouble with Tribbles
- Commander Kor(John Colicos) in Errand Of Mercy
- Captain Kang (Michael Ansara) in The Day of the Dove
- Dr. Leonard McCoy (DeForest Kelley) in Operation: Annihilate!
- Commander Montgomery Scott (James Doohan) ) in Operation: Annihilate!
- Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner) in Operation: Annihilate!
- First Officer Spock (Leonard Nimoy) in Operation: Annihilate!
- Mary (Pamelyn Ferdin) in And the Children Shall Lead
- Droxine ( Diana Ewing) in The Cloud Minders
- Balok’s Puppet (voiced by Ted Cassidy) in What are Little Girls Made Of?
- Lt. Carolyn Palamas (Leslie Parrish) in Who Mourns for Adonais?
- The Bartender (Guy Raymond) in The Trouble with Tribbles
- Evil Spock (Leonard Nimoy) in Mirror, Mirror
- Alexander (Michael Dunn) in Plato’s Stepchildren
- The Real Balok (Clint Howard) in The Corbomite Maneuver
- Magda (Susan Denberg) in Mudd’s Women
- Captain Kirk’s Aztec Fertility God
- Mr. Spock’s Vulcan Harp
- Mr. Sulu’s Beauregard and other plants from The Man Trap
- White and Brown Tribbles from The Trouble with Tribbles
- Mercury Bust from Space Seed and Mirror, Mirror
- Captain Kirk’s Golden Box from his quarters
- Spock (Leonard Nimoy) on monitor from The Corbomite Maneuver
- Ruth Bonaventure (Maggie Thrett) in Mudd’s Women
- Grey Tribbles from The Trouble with Tribbles
- Starfleet Delta formed in gold carnations
- Deadly Flower from The Apple
- The USS Enterprise in golden carnations
- The Spores from This Side of Paradise
- Eve McHuron (Karen Steele) from Mudd’s Women
- Sayana’s Headdress from The Apple
- The Horta’s Eggs from The Devil in the Dark
Posted in Characters, My Collages, Star Trek, Star Trek: The Original Series, The Beatles
Tagged Alexander, collage, Edith Keeler, Elaan, homage, Kang, Kirk, Klingons, Koloth, Leila, mccoy, Orions, Ruk, scotty, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Spock, Star Trek TOS, Stella, T'Pau, Talosians, Therese Bohn, Trelane, Tribbles, Uhura, Vulcans, women, Zarabeth