Hello my friends! I give you all my best wishes for a beautiful holiday season! Don’t worry George, it’s Christmastime! Love, Therese xo
As you may recall from a recent post, I’m kind of having a rough year. In addition to losing a friend, my brother-in-law, and most recently, my oldest brother,(Mike) my family is now in the midst of another sad crisis. My only other brother, John, (I have 4 sisters) has been sickened with Covid, and he has been in the hospital for nearly two weeks now.
My friends, please say a little prayer for my brother. He recently turned 70, but we couldn’t visit him in the Covid ward, so we sent cards. He is now in ICU, and we are still hopeful, and we pray for his survival. Thank you.
I made this little meme, because I think we all have days like this. My best wishes to you, and please get vaccinated <3
If you haven’t seen the latest app Voila! Al Atriste , it’s the latest silly Face App you can use to modify your selfies and pics of your favorite people. Naturally I couldn’t resist trying it with TOS crew and characters, like I did a year ago with a different app!
There are different settings, Cartoon (2d an 3D) and like an oil painting from the 15th, 19, or current century. Most of these are in cartoon mode! Amazing how Shatner, Nichols, Sulu and Chapel’s faces worked here. Nimoy’s, especially with the pointed ears, gave the algorithm a bit of trouble at first , sometimes rounding his points! Very reminiscent of the Disney style. But the main beef I have about this app is that it often turns the brown or dark eyes blue! (Especially in ‘baby’ mode). I ended up modifying the eyes on some of these. I ended up getting fully addicted to the app to see what would come next! I will probably delete the app in a few weeks 🙂
But for today I’m only posting the main crew, with more throughout this and next week. One thing’s for sure, it made me want to remake a whole bunch new TOS animated episodes wit this app! Enjoy! I’d love to hear some comments!
Sad to report that today, another star has fallen from the Trek Galaxy. The amazing Joanne Linville peacefully passed away on Sunday, June 20 in California. She was 93.
Although she had many acting roles, she was cherished as the first female Romulan Commander ever seen in the Trek universe, in the classic The Enterprise Incident. From the first time I ever saw that episode, The Romulan Commander became one of my most favorite characters in TOS. Her coolness and manner even rivaled Spock; the object and ultimate betrayer of her affections.
The Enterprise Incident itself was not a perfect episode, but definitely one of the better highlights of the weaker final season. Joanne’s character was a strong, cool, and (naturally) commanding character, and she flew with it. I loved her from the moment she scoffs at Kirk when he says he is honored to meet her. She sealed her character’s personality in that quick moment; the Romulan Commander takes no crap from anyone, regardless of rank!
Linville’s chemistry with Nimoy was on point too. You can see her passion growing in her eyes every time she stares at him, and in the sultry, if firm, tone in her voice. Even though we knew Spock was only ‘flirting’ with the Commander under orders, you couldn’t deny the ‘feelings’ of the characters throughout the episode. Especially in the end where Spock expresses his hope to her that they exchanged something more permanent than fleeting military secrets.
Did you know that in the original script, Spock was supposed to ‘rain kisses’ all over the Commander’s shoulder? Although I’m sure that visual would be enjoyable, DC Fontana and Nimoy both found it quite illogical for Spock’s character to slobber all over her, so it was thankfully changed. She was cool, He was cool, and he initiates intimacy with some stroking hand-play that somehow comes off even sexier than any nibbling might have been. (Not NOW, TAL!!)
Another tidbit about Linville’s character was that although we never hear The Commander’s name in the original episode, The Romulan Commander name was revealed in Trek Fiction as Liviana Charvanek She was also known as Di’on Charvon, Thea, and Nevesa! How rare and beautiful indeed! It suits her!
Linville studied her craft well, and like Nimoy, taught acting. She started an acting conservatory with with her teacher Stella Adler, and she co-wrote the book Seven Steps to an Acting Craft. with John Deck. She performed in over 80 TV and movie appearances, and although never a regular in a series, she was unforgettable. She is survived by her former husband Mark Rydell, Children Amy and Christopher Rydell, who are both also actors. Amy even reprised her mother’s iconic role in the Star Trek Continues series Finale “To Boldly Go, Part II) (an astonishing resemblance!) She will be greatly missed but never forgotten. My deepest sympathy and comfort to her family. <3
Goodnight Charvanek, may you rest among the stars. I hope Spock has some blue Vulcan ale for you. <3
Well, since my original might be a tad overwhelming, I made made copies of my massive homage and divided it up into eight bite-size pieces so you can see everything a bit better! This way you won’t have to got to the DeviantArt link as much either! Enjoy, and check the list below for images you might have missed! 🙂
Bonus Pop Culture and Silly Details: Spock and Nimoy inspired a LOT of pop culture. See if you can find all of these:
- Funko Spock Figure in original uniform
- Funko Spock holding Isis the Cat
- Funko Dorbz Spock
- Four Al Hirshfeld drawings featuring Leonard as Spock and himself. (Colorized by me!)
- A “Trekkie on Board” sign
- Animated Leonard with Spock Ears on Animaniacs
- Leonard, in a Spock uniform fighting Bender on Futurama
- Real life Leonard holding animated Leonard’s ‘head’ from Futurama
- Leonard on The Simpsons
- Working Daze cartoon featuring a tribute to Leonard shortly after he died.
- The Nimoy Boar from Battle Cats
- Mego Spock Doll
- Mego Mirror Mirror Spock Doll
- Mattel Spock Doll
- Yellow Spock Stamp
- A Spock Nutcracker
- Calvin and Hobbes dressed as Kirk and Spock
- Family Guy Spock
- Squidward as Spock (aka Spockward, by Therese Bohn, 2012)
- Mad Magazine, The Mad Star Trek Musical
- A Dachshund figure dressed like Spock with “Live Really Long and Prosper” on its uniform shirt
- A real Dog dressed like Spock
- Spock as a Cat by artist Jenny Parks
- Gold Key Comics Spock
- Color Block painting of Spock (Artist Unknown)
- Article -The Primitive Sex Appeal of Mr. Spock (Color corrected and reversed from original by me)
- The Only appearance by Leonard as Spock in a 1960s Parade!
- Leonard as Spock on The Carol Burnett Show
- Leonard on The Beautiful Phyllis Diller Show
- Leonard wearing a black eye-mask.
- De, Bill, and Leonard ‘shaving’ with their phasers
- Leonard on What’s My Line?
- Leonard in The Alpha Caper
- Two images of Leonard getting an honorary degree
- Leonard with Gene Wilder
- Leonard with Bernie Taupin (Elton John’s Lyricist)
- Leonard with Arlo Guthrie and Michael Dukakis
- Polaroid of Nimoy and Majel Barret in early makeup test
- 3D Spock Animation (LLAP)
- Spock with his tunic unzipped
- Leonard in a bathtub in Catlow
- Leonard in the plays Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The King and I, Equus, and Sherlock Holmes
- Spock and Kirk as Muppets!
- LLAP Emoji
- Shatner as T.J. Hooker! (2)
- Spock as a ‘Hood Ornament’!
- Leonard ‘pinching’ Spock’s behind!
*Thanks to Bobbie for pointing this out 🙂
May this be Our luckiest year yet! <3
Spock knows you can trust a cat!
My Friends, before the day ends, let me wish you all a very Happy, Healthy, and Blessed New Year!
Arise, for a new year has dawned, another chance for hope and light!
Can you believe that this year trekkerscrapbook.com turns 10??? I’m astonished myself! When I started this “little blog” nearly 10 years ago, I never thought anyone would even read it let alone follow it! Thank you all my readers, loyal and new, for giving me the chance to entertain you! I look forward to this year, but above all, I offer you prayer for your good health and happiness this year. May we all continue to Live Long and Prosper!
love, Therese 🙂
It’s that time of year again, when every other friend on FB is posting a variation of ‘Elf on the Shelf’. So I figured I’d jump into the ever-growing fray of Holiday Dad Jokes and add my Trek spin to it. It may not be original, but it’s silly fun! Here’s Number One (of 12) I think I chose the most obvious… 😉
I’ll have one a day for the next 11 days! (or more if I think of any others!)