Hope you’re all keeping cool through this awfully hot summer. I’ve been busy with family matters, but I managed to have a little time to make a new collage.
This one is called “Carried Away” and I’ve been meaning to create it for a long time. It’s based on one of the oldest tropes in sci-fi/monster movie history – the damsel being carried away by the monster! In my research I wasn’t too surprised to see how often this trope was used in advertising — sometimes even when it doesn’t happen in the movie! But when you consider the audience of mostly young men, it’s not too surprising!
I had fun finding variations of the theme too – men carrying women, monsters carrying women, robots carrying women, women carrying women and sometimes women carrying men! I included many classics (King King, of course) as well as horror, sci-fi, some obscure movies, and even romantic comedies!
See how many you can find on the list below the picture! Enjoy and stay cool! – Therese
- King Kong
- Superman and Lois (2)
- Tarzan and Jane (one is very tiny)
- Mummies carrying Women (2)
- The Colossal Man
- Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon
- Fly Man
- Cary Grant (3)
- The Creature from the Black Lagoon (4)
- The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
- A Headless Robot carrying a Woman
- This Island Earth Creature
- Women carrying Women (2)
- Wonder Woman (3)
- Snow White
- Sea Creature with Scuba girl
- Barbarella and the Angel
- 3 characters from The Philadelphia Story
- Martians carrying Women (2)
- Rhett Carrying Scarlet
- Wasp Woman
- The Mysterian
- Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin
- Indiana Jones and Marian
- Gorilla Robot with Woman
- Green Dude with Sunglasses carrying Woman
- Werewolf carrying Woman
- James Cagney and Betty Davis (the Bride Came COD)
- The Swamp Thing carrying Adrienne Barbeau
- Gene Kelly (2)
- Red Helmet Guy
- Errol Flynn in San Antonio
5 thoughts on “I Got Carried Away!”
Thank you for I Got Carried Away!
Wish I could watch “Strange New Worlds”. Maybe someday.
I’m sure it’ll be on dvd sooner or later, you’ll enjoy it!
You’ve probably heard this already, but Nichelle Nichols has died, at age 89.
Very nice. Sure brings back some memories for yours truly.
Also, different topic, but I’m sad to know Nichelle Nichols has gone to her Final Frontier. I always had a crush on her. Now she’s gone, hopefully to a better place.
I made a little tribute to her here <3 She was remarkable and a singular talent. Loved her. https://trekkerscrapbook.com/2022/07/31/goodnight-nichelle-nichelle-nichols-december-28-1932-july-30-2022/